Non NHS Services
Private Work Fees
Certain services such as private sick notes, insurance claim forms, passport applications and some medical examinations are not covered by the NHS services and a fee is charged.
Please ask reception for details. These examinations are not performed during normal surgery hours and special appointments must be made through reception.
Please be aware if you are requesting a HGV medical you need to have an up to date eye test performed by your optician. Please bring the results with you during your medical assessment.
Winter Support Service (Shropshire)
Who are we?
The Wellbeing & Independence Partnership, Shropshire (WIPS) consists of five voluntary & community organisations:
- Age UK Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin
- Shropshire Rural Community Charity
- Royal Voluntary Service
- Oswestry Community Action (QUBE)
- Mayfair Community Centre, Church Stretton
What is the Winter Support Service?
A service commissioned by Shropshire Council to help vulnerable people maintain their physical and emotional wellbeing through the winter when the effect of Covid -19 remains serious and significant.
The service is free to the client but time-limited to the winter months up to the 31/3/21.
What will the service do?
Assessment & ongoing support to people identified as needing help, including:
- Shopping and delivery
- Connecting people to local support groups (e.g. hot meal deliveries)
- Collecting and delivering medications
- Telephone companionship for isolated or lonely people
- Wellbeing home visits and follow-up support
Unfortunately we cannot provide any personal care: if you are not sure whether or not to refer, please telephone and discuss with our Link Workers.
How to Refer to the Winter Support Service
How can you refer to us?
- Complete the referral form overleaf and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 01743 233788 and ask to make a referral to the Winter Pressures Service. The number is available 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4pm Friday.
What happens next?
Our Link Workers will discuss the referral with the client (and if necessary the referrer) and put in place a Winter Support Plan. The Link Worker will liaise with partner organisations and/or other groups required to deliver a service.
The referral form can be found by following the link below: