Access GP services online
- All practices in Shropshire now offer ‘Patient Online’ services.
- Patient Online enables you to take greater control of your care by:
- Booking and cancelling GP appointments online;
- Ordering your repeat prescriptions online; and
- Accessing your summary information online: allergies, adverse reactions and medication
In addition to accessing your summary information, some GPs also enable patients to access their information regarding medical problems, immunisation records, test results, letters and consultation notes via Patient Online services.
There are several benefits of using Patient Online services such as:
- Patients save time spent on phone calls to their GP practice
- Patients save unnecessary waiting time and journey to the GP
- Patients are able to access and book GP appointments online 24/7
- Patients are able to access and order their repeat prescription online 24/7 with the added benefit of not worrying about paper prescriptions
- Patient Online encourages and increases patient ownership of their own care
- Patient Online improves the patient’s relationship and communication with their GP practiceTrevor Fossey, a member of the NHS England Patient Online Patient Working Together Group, has been using this online service at his local practice for 18 months.
Trevor says: “Accessing my GP records online has enhanced the relationship that I have with my GP practice and I have already experienced improvements in my health and wellbeing as a direct result of having online access.”
To register for Patient Online services, please contact your GP practice.
For further information about Patient Online, please visit: